Sunday, September 25, 2005

Australian Idol Top 10 - Rock Supergroups

OK, so the theme tonight is "Rock Supergroups"..... not really my cup of tea, but overall quite enjoyable.

First up is Dan England with Queen's "We Will Rock You". Way too safe.... as I said before, he sings well, but nothing special.

Second is Laura Gisarra..... hooray! I think Laura WILL surely leave tomorrow.... she did a really horrible rendition of a song by Silverchair called "Greatest View". The song was sung as part of the medley during last year's finale and it was great then.... but tonight, wow, she really sucks. And the judges agreed too.... so fingers crossed, she'll be gone tomorrow haha.

Next is Milly Edwards with Queen's "Somebody To Love". She did OK, but Courtney did this song last year and he was better. And the judges didn't like her stage presence. I agree.

Next up... Lee Harding with "Roxane" by The Police. Well, I've heard this song before, but I never really get it. Tonight he did a very good punk rock arrangement with the song... totally suits his style. I still don't think that the song is great, but it's definitely better than the original version.

Now comes the real Roxane Lebrasse. She sang "We Are The Champions". I think she did OK.... not so annoying tonight... but Mark totally hates it... I don't know why. He said that Roxane's not a rock chick.... well, d'uh...

After that comes the controversial Anne Robertson. She did U2's "Where The Streets Have No Name". I kinda enjoyed it.... it was her own interpretation of the song.... she can't sing anything badly, in my opinion. Unfortunately, Mark kinda have a problem with that... and it started the battle with Kyle..... for details, please contact me. It's more fun telling it with sound effect :)

Daniel Spillane did AC/DC's "TNT" and it was OK..... the judges say that he looks too nice to sing that kind of song.... well, he does.

Kate Dearaugo sang "I Want It All" by Queen. As usual, I think that she didn't give it her all.... and the judges think exactly the same thing. Kyle was nasty tonight, commenting on her flabby arms... well, look at Casey Donovan there, Kyle!

Next is James Kannis. He did "Layla" by Eric Clapton. I never heard of the song before... didn't really like it... I think it's quite boring and nothing special.

Last but certainly not least is Emily Williams. She's chosen "Bohemian Rhapsody" tonight. Well, like "Roxane", I never get this song. I always think that this song is a complete mumbo jumbo... it's like bits and pieces of everything thrown in together. No exception tonight.... it was weird, but as usual her vocals were superb. So overall I still like her :)

So, predictions for tomorrow's bottom 3: Milly, James, and Laura (in that order). We'll see what happens tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home