Sunday, September 11, 2005

Australian Idol Top 13

OK, I think I might use this page to give you all some quick review about australian idol.... tonight is the first live performance... top 13. I won't bore you with the history why there are 13 people up here tonight. I'm sure y'all can find out yourself.

Before we begin, here are the song choices for tonight... oh the theme is "Australian Music".
Anne Robertson - I Don't Want To Be With Nobody But You by Absent Friends
Chris Luder - Throw Your Arms Around Me by Hunters & Collectors
Dan England - Cry In Shame by Johnny Diesel & The Injectors
Daniel Spillane - Tucker's Daughter by Ian Moss
Emily Williams - Buses & Trains by Bachelor Girl
James Kannis - The Day You Went Away by Wendy Matthews
Kate DeAraugo - Please Don't Ask Me by John Farnham
Laura Gissara - You're My World by Daryl Braithwaite
Lee Harding - Holy Grail by Hunters & Collectors
Milly Edwards - Playing To Win by John Farnham
Natalie Zahra - Absolutely Everybody by Vanessa Amorosi
Roxane LeBrasse - Forever by Cold Chisel
Tarni Stephens - I've Got You (On My Mind) by Powderfinger


First up tonight is Tarni Stephens.... didn't really leave an impression to me.... love her looks, very unique, but I don't think she can win this competition.

Second is the b***h Laura Gissara..... well, she actually did better then I expected tonight, but she still have too many wrong notes. I don't know, I just don't like her in general.

Next is Daniel Spillane... I totally love this guy.... the first time I hear him is from the lockdown episode, and he just blew me away. He screwed up in the top 30, but fortunately came back for the wildcards, and here he is now. Tonight he is good, singing in lower notes than his usual style, but I like this Daniel way better than "high pitch" Daniel. So, go Daniel :)

Next... Roxane...... cute giggly little Roxie.... well, she got great personality, and normally I find her voice a bit annoying, but tonight she did good.... I love the performance.

Then came Emily Williams. OMG, thank GOD for Emily. I mean, her voice is just fantastic. Ever since I hear her sing "Make It Happen" in the top 30, I'm just amazed every time she sings. The only thing I'm not crazy about her is her looks, but hey, if Fantasia can win American Idol, why can't she? If voting is free, I'll definitely vote for her haha..... so blame Telstra if she didn't get through to finals.

After that is Milly Edwards. She is just so cute, with her funky hair... usually I like her, though I never have like her song choices. Tonight is exactly the opposite.... love the song, but they way she sang it, it's just a bit weird for me, especially when she tried to "scream" out the notes.

Next is Lee Harding.... ewww.... totally hate his looks and style.... he got just an OK voice.... not outstanding. So no further comment.

Chris Luder..... very very ewww.... 'nuff said. I want him to go tomorrow.... along with Laura.

Natalie Zahra.... she tried to sing Vanessa Amorosi.... I think she should pick easier song.... I didn't like her interpretation of the song.... probably cos the original is so great. I don't hate her, but I don't love her either.... she's at the middle of the pack, think.

Kate Dearaugo... she's playing it way too safe tonight..... didn't show her vocals.... but I think she'll survive for now.

James Kannis.... I don't know... sometimes I really like him, but sometimes he just annoys me... and tonight it's more to the annoying side.

Anne Robertson... wow wow wow..... one of the best performance of the night.... she is just so Beyonce tonight, with the hair, the clothes, the moves, and the voice. Totally love her. Definitely in my Top 3.

Last stop is Dan England... he got a good voice, but I think his performances are always the same, and it didn't really appeal to me, so I'm just neutral with him.

Predictions for tomorrow.... I would really like it to be Chris and Laura. (and Lee.... can we have a triple eviction? haha). I'll post again tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home