Thursday, September 08, 2005

New Music Review - 080905

This page is dedicated to reviewing new music that I listen to..... so here we go...

First stop this week is "Sunshine" by the lovely Ricki-Lee Coulter. For those of you who don't know who she is, she was a finalist in Australian Idol 2..... should've been a top 2 finalist in my opinion, but unfortunately she only made it to top 7 because of one mistake she made. Anyway, about this song... it's a nice, pop, catchy song..... wasn't really mad about it at first, but now after I listen to it more, I totally love it haha. What can I say? I'm a sucker for sweet catchy pop songs :)

Next stop is "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas (BEP). Never heard of this song before... I got it just because it's in the top 10 most downloaded songs in iTunes Music Store. The song is very very BEP, very very RnB..... and Fergie actually sings in this song! It's one of those songs that you just can't get out of your head for some time haha. And the lyrics are pretty nasty.... worth listening just to make you smile.

Another song that I got today is.... believe it or not people..... Ricky Martin is back..... the song is called "I Don't Care". He collaborated with Amerie and Fat Joe on this one. After listening to that..... wow, his voice is really just so-so, nothing special haha. And I feel that the song is more Amerie than Ricky Martin. There's one verse that she sung, and after listening to Ricky's voice just before that, her voice just sounded so much better (am I mean or what?). Overall, it's a dance-y song, have a little of middle eastern influence on it (like so many other songs nowadays).

Last entry this time round is "I am Ready For Love" by India Arie. Well, it's not actually a new song, but I just got it a few days ago. I downloaded it because one of the wildcards finalist in Australian Idol 3 sung it, and I was really touched by this song. The guy didn't get through, but I thought he did a wonderful performance. It's a slow and haunting song.... good to listen to when you are feeling blue. The lyrics are just beautiful.

OK guys.... that's all for now. See y'all next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home